Wednesday 8 May 2013

Digital graphic art




A long, long time ago I nearly went to art school. Instead I ended up training as an electrical engineer (which was a strange thing for a woman to do back then). In retrospect I believe I should have been an architect but ended up a photograper - if none of this makes sense please read my first blog entry with the quote by William W. Purkey.

While I adore wedding photography - and all the associated stress of knowing that if I mess up I have ruined a bride's wedding day and broken a promise - I really enjoy working with people in the studio and location, creating portraits and unique moments in time. And I have a real soft spot for taking an image and turning it into digital graphic art - its the girl that never went to art school in me. I have a pet project that I keep coming back to called "put yourself in the picture". Take a famous image, with figures in it, then substitute yourself for one of the figures, maybe a friend or loved one if there is more than one. Or play all the characters yourself. This is a fun reproduction of Banksy's flower thrower, who also reproduced it from a news image from the 1960's Paris student protests.

(with grateful thanks to my stepson, Ross).

Sandy

sandrakeddie@btinternet.com

www.sandrakeddiephotography.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment