Tuesday 2 April 2013

Speak from the heart to be heard ...


“You've got to dance like there's nobody watching,

love like you'll never hurt,

sing like there's nobody listening,

live like it's heaven on earth,

and speak from the heart to be heard”

William W. Purkey




There are lots of different versions of this quote. It has found its way into popular culture and song lyrics. William W. Purkey is a Professor of Education. During a varied career he has also been a park ranger and bomb disposal expert in the United States Air Force. He uses this quote to end speeches. I like it for lots of reasons - it sort of sums up what I want to do with my art, my photography, the people I meet and share my life with.

Like Purkey I have had quite a varied career, which has allowed me to travel widely and to have some truly memorable experiences. Along the way I have developed a few skills. I was very fortunate in 2006 to be given the chance to completely change paths. I have always had an interest in art and photography, and it seemed like the most obvious, thrilling, challenging and scary thing to pursue an ambition to create beautiful images and delight some people along the way. Since that time I have steadily developed a successful photography studio and have been certified by both the Society of Wedding and Portrait Photographers (SWPP) and The Photographer Academy, run by Mark Cleghorn. More importantly I have had a wonderful time with some fantastic people. It is a genuine privilege to share someone's wedding day or to capture pictures of a new baby. It is also so exciting to capture something totally unique, producing digital fine art from concept to framed print.I work throughout Scotland, where life's journey has pitched me for just now with a wonderful husband and a boisterous dog, and in my native South Africa. I am always happy to discuss ideas - coffee, biscuits and no obligation - whether about weddings, portraits or fine art.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sandy

0141 884 2250


 

No comments:

Post a Comment